Irrigation Pipes and Pressure Pipe
Plastic pipes are used for irrigation and pressure pipe systems when there is a requirement to transfer water, gas or other liquids quickly between two points. Most pipes are installed below ground.
- Agricultural irrigation mains for potatoes etc.
- Potable water supplies to homes and factories.
- Natural gas supplies.
- Slurry and sewerage systems.
- Landfill site applications.
The two main irrigation and pressure pipe systems used are explained below
PVC systems have been used extensively in agriculture and industry since the 1970’s. Over time they have been comprehensively developed using stronger polymers resulting in a lighter but stronger product.
PVC’s many advantages include:
- Lightweight and easy to install
- High strength with excellent resistance to impact.
- Excellent range of pipe diameters – 90mm to 315mm all in 6m lengths.
- Low temperature use.
- Chemical resistant
- Abrasion resistant.
- Metric and imperial systems available.
- Full range of fittings and hydrants available to compliment the range.
2) POLYETHLYENE (PE) PIPE SYSTEMS
PE pipe systems have developed over the past 20 years due to the need for a pressure system available in large lengths, thereby reducing the number of joints and potential leaks.
Its advantages are:
- Vast range of sizes 20mm to 1000mm.
- Available in long lengths up to 100m long coils.
- Joined by either electrofusion or butt fusion processes which are very unlikely to leak.
- Range of pipes for various applications
- Blue – potable water.
- Black – dirty water/sewage.
- Yellow – gas.
- Various pressure ratings up to 16 bar rated.
- Resistant to chemicals and impact.
- Installation – longer lengths result in lower installation costs and joints.
Irrigation and Pressure Pipe Fittings
We stock and supply a range of fittings for irrigation and pressure pipes, such as hydrants and bends. We also stock Viking Johnsons (pictured right) in various sizes which clamp around a broken pressure pipe to create a pressured seal.
- Europipes Now Supply Flat Drain Pipe System
- Europipes Categories
- How Many Lengths of 150mm Perforated Twin Wall Drainage Pipe
- How Much Water does a 6m Long 2.7m Drainage Pipe Hold?
- West Midlands Polypipe Stockist
- Next Day Drainage Supplies Delivery
- Twin Wall Pipe Sizes
- Open Cut Land Drain Installation
- Commercial and Domestic Drainage Supplies
- WRAS Approved Fire Hydrants
- Delivering Drainage Pipes in Large Quantities
Swipe or scroll to view more products »
Civil & Building
Sport & Leisure