Flexible Land Drainage Pipe
Flexible land drain pipe is a single walled and corrugated pipe used for the removal of surface water when perforated or as a carrier pipe for moving water when unperforated. It is available in coils from 60mm to 200mm in diameter.
UK Land Drainage Pipes Supplier
Europipes supply Flexible land drain pipes and coils throughout the UK
Land drainage coil sizes available:
- 60mm – 150m
- 80mm – 25m, 50m, 100m, 450m*
- 100mm – 25m, 50m, 100m and 280m*
- 125mm – 50m
- 160mm – 45m and 135m*
- 200mm – 40m
*we are the sole supplier of these jumbo land drain coils
Please note that non-perforated pipe does not come in all the above coil sizes.
Our PVC-U systems are the result of over 40 years of experience in manufacturing and supplying land drainage products throughout the UK. Therefore, they meet the requirements of British Standard 4962 and carry the BSI kitemark.
Our land drain systems provide a cost effective drainage solution which is quick and simple to install. In addition, the corrugated profile provides exceptional pipe strength, resisting excessive deformation from soil loading and compression.
We also supply a large number of fittings for our land drainage pipe, which can be found here.
LAND DRAINAGE PIPE PRODUCT APPLICATIONS:
- Agricultural land drainage
- Sports field drainage
- Golf courses
- Verge and central reservation drainage
- Embankment drainage
- Cut-off drains
- Retaining wall drainage
- Septic Tank
- Soakaway drainage
- Open Cut Installation
- Garden drainage
OPEN CUT INSTALLATION
Traditional methods of installing land drainage pipes have evolved excavating a trench to line and level, laying the pipe and backfilling with permeable fill. This means that trenches are now cut by either a back-hoe bucket or chain trencher. Narrow chain trenchers are particularly effective for sports field and golf course drainage, causing minimal ground disturbance with a quick return to use of the land.
- The trench bed should be firm and free from stones and large rocks. Chain trenches typically provide a profiled bed for the pipe to sit in.
- The trench width should be sufficient to allow placement and compaction of the granular fill around the pipe. typically the trench should be a minimum of pipe outside diameter and four times the diameter of the fill material.
- The minimum cover should be 600mm this will ensure the pipe is not damaged by cultivation or excessive traffic loading from farm machinery
In very fine silty and sandy soils, drainage systems can become blocked and ineffective. However, by wrapping the land drain coils in approved geotextile membranes, this acts as an external filter and extends the service life of the system.
Please click here for more information on Filter Wrapped Drain Pipe.
Land drain coils are available at our Yorkshire, Cumbria or Warwickshire depots and delivery is available across the UK.
QUALITY ASSURANCE FOR LAND DRAINAGE
Our PVC-U systems from Polypipe are available from 60mm to 200mm diameters and meet the requirements of British Standard 4962 and carry the BSI kitemark. This means that the full range of pipes and fittings are manufactured and tested under a fully integrated Quality Management System.
- Europipes Now Supply Flat Drain Pipe System
- Europipes Categories
- How Many Lengths of 150mm Perforated Twin Wall Drainage Pipe
- How Much Water does a 6m Long 2.7m Drainage Pipe Hold?
- West Midlands Polypipe Stockist
- Next Day Drainage Supplies Delivery
- Twin Wall Pipe Sizes
- Open Cut Land Drain Installation
- Commercial and Domestic Drainage Supplies
- WRAS Approved Fire Hydrants
- Delivering Drainage Pipes in Large Quantities
Swipe or scroll to view more products »
Civil & Building
Sport & Leisure